let's pretend you're a guy who likes a girl and you think to yourself "hmm..what charming things can i do to win over the heart of this young lass?" here is a list of things that might not work that great:
1. tell all your mutual friends that you like her and that she likes you...before even going on a date or talking for more than 3 minutes (especially if 2.8 of those minutes consist of talking about why mit romney should be the next president)
2. ask her to take you to the airport during rush hour traffic an hour before you need to be there, talk about mit romney on the entire drive, and then leave your phone AND wallet in her car. then have your mom - yes, your mom - call her phone once she's almost home. this was the conversation "hi, this is nate's mother. he told me he left his phone in your car. would you mind meeting him back where you dropped him off to give him his phone?" um...is that wierd? it's a total ambush meet the parents.
3. ask her out on a date and then when she can't go, ask her sister out on the same date...
4. realize and acknowledge that she's actually dating someone else - and then ask her out on a date the next day
5. call the boy she's dating and ask him if he wants to go out on a double date - you, the boy she's dating, her and her sister
6. call again the next weekend to ask her on a date
7. when she explains that she can't because she's going on a date with the guy she's actually dating, invite yourself along