Monday, January 07, 2008

proud to call you family

i always feel like i have to sell my dad on my boyfriends. i don't. he's always way more supportive than my mom. but i still feel like i do. which is why when i announced to him that i'm officially in a relationship i started describing all of the guy's good qualities. then i told him how mom approves and so does my bishop and my sister. he stopped me and said

dad - you don't need to convince me. i know he's a great guy.
me - yeah. and even if you didn't, everybody else does and if you can't beat em join em, right?
dad - exactly. it reminds me of one of my favorite sayings
me - which is?
dad - a nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse.
me - .......
.........................
....what does that even mean?
dad - i have no idea. it's a funny saying though, huh?

2 comments:

Brookalicious said...

I think your dad called your boyfriend gay.


Why does he always do this?

Chelsea said...

yeah probably so. i'm a little concerned that he would encourage me to date a gay man though. doesn't he know it would only lead to tears?

at least my house would be nicely decorated